- RECYCLE. Find local recyling centers in your area here.
- WALK, BIKE, BUS or CARPOOL to work (try to park your car more often! Easier on the wallet, and better for the body!)
- CONSERVE water. Turn the tap off while brushing teeth, and when lathering up during face wash and when shaving. Also, use the dish washer! They use less water than washing/rinsing by hand!
- REUSE. Take your own bag when shopping. Most stores offer resuable bags now and some even give you discount if you bring your won. Also, note what others are doing to support this cause: As of today, Wholefoods will no longer use plastic bags.
- USE LESS ENERGY. Unplug your appliances when not in use - TV, lights, microwave, laptops and cell phone chargers. Buy a power strip with an easy on/off switch. Chargers still use use energy when plugged in. Also, switch to energy efficient light bulbs. They use less energy which means cheaper energy bill!
Anyways, lets take care of what we have and all practice "hozho". Nizhonigo hazliin, nizhonigo hazliin :) Peace!