Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Finalmente!


So I served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day some 7 years ago. I spent 1.5 lovely years in Oklahoma teaching people about Christ and helping them making the necessary changes to "enter His fold." I was called to teach among the Hispanic community did an extensive study (along with divine help) for 3 months to be able to do so. One thing that I always wanted during my service was La Santa Biblia w/topical guide, cross reference, Bible dictionary, etc. Book of Mormons were always cheap to buy for people who were interested in studying, but I was a little more expensive to buy them a Bible. There wasn't an LDS spanish translation of the Bible because it had a copyright on it (or something). This also increased the cost since we couldn't sell it at wholesale (or cost) like we can with Libro de Mormons. So we had to be picky & choosy (since we lived on a very limited income) of who we gave Bibles to & how frequently. Which is why I'm pleased to announce that its finally available! You can check the link out here.

The scriptural text of the LDS edition of the Holy Bible in Spanish is based on the 1909 edition of the Reina-Valera Bible. This text underwent a very conservative revision, focusing on modernizing some of the outdated grammar and vocabulary that had shifted in meaning and acceptability.

2 comments:

elesa said...

Cool!

Jordan and Luci said...

Awesome! I can't believe it's been that long since the mission. We're old!