Thursday, June 23, 2011

Post Its

So if you've followed my blog at all you'll know that I'm a big fan of graffitt art. I headed out to the Motherland for Memmorial and was SO excited when I came across these:




So along the highway through the Navajo Nation, you'l see a lot of these jewelry stands. There are a bunch here to attract Grand Canyon tourists and road trippers. I don't know who the artist is here. Some of the pastes were ripped down and others I didn't get pics of. They were mostly along the Tuba City junction area. So what do you think? I'm just happy to think that the art is spreading through Navajo Lands and its awesome to see that the art is Navajo based as well, our staples: sheep (dibe aren't they so cute?) and corn (nadaan), ha! I'm kicking myself for not turning around to grab some other photos. We decided we could just stop on our way back but ended up heading home a different way. Anyways, let me know what you think!

Aho! :)

3 comments:

Josh and Tawnya Begay said...

i need to take some pics of the ones we see along the ride from page to ktown!! some pretty sweet ones!

Nakki said...

Do it! Yes!I want to see more. LOVE IT. No need to go to LA or NY to see this stuff :)

Dezi & Brock said...

How cute, you crack me up. I miss seeing red rocks, just seeing them in the background made me homesick...