Wednesday, January 30, 2008

One Man's "Junk" is Another Man's "Junque!"

So like I had mention before, the best thing about Fresno was the pluthera of Thrift stores (see "The 905"). I have decided to post a few of my finds (I actually left one store with a total of $35! I appeared to be the "rich" girl of the bunch...I am in the OC...ha, ha, j/k) below:So like I had mention before, the best thing about Fresno was the pluthera of Thrift stores (see "The 905"). I have decided to post a few of my finds (I actually left one store with a total of $35! I appeared to be the "rich" girl of the bunch...I am in the OC...ha, ha, j/k) below:




I love Rohald Dahl and I consider the Bookmobile-harback of 'The BFG' a rare find $o.95 ('Where the Sidewalk Ends' same price). Also, did you see the Nancy Drews? Fun, fun, fun :)


Books, books, books...I'm always scouring old book/thirft/2nd hand stores for old astetically appealing books. I love old books. Just wish I could read all of them, but if I ever need to look up a Portuguese word...I have just the dictionary to do it!

Can anyone identify the man in the middle? He's one of your favorite Marvel comics characters... and he's under attack (maybe I really did buy these for ME to play with...humm...)!
"Brroom, brrooom! " A combination of Matchbox, Hot Wheel, and "MADE IN CHINA" cars...$6.00 for the bunch (including Mr.Marvel Comics :)
This suitcase was lurking around in the very back of the store, buried behind other old suitcases...can I say, LOVE the buckle? :) I actually used this on my last flight to AZ. I call it my Mary Poppins suitcase. I fit so much in there, even though it looks so small. I thought I wouldn't have enough room and then I keep putting stuff in and in...
Well, as you can see, the world of thrift shops holds endless jewels and gems. And just like my grampa said, "One man's junk, is another man's junque!"
What are some of your cool Thrift shop finds???

6 comments:

Cathy Duffy said...

do you actually read the books or are they just for decoration??? oh, what would it be like to be rich like you.....

Nakki said...

Some are childrens books, which I have already read, but yes, most of for decoration:)

Unknown said...

You are fantastic. And so are your finds.

Crystal said...

Yay! These finds are so great! I love beautiful books and find myself buying them for aesthetic purposes as well. Those hot wheels are hot. I had a bunch when I was little...okay, so HERE are our recent finds:

Cammie said...

Oh my! The BFG is a favorite, it gives me flashbacks of Ms. Worthen's 6th grade class.

Nakki said...

I picture Ms. W in that black and yellow "bee" stripped shirt. You always were a fan of Roald Dahl.