Saturday, June 6, 2009

Erykah Badu, LA, Club Nokia, 5 June 2000

So that's what I ended up doing Fri. night. It was ironic too, since I had looked up how much tickets would be on-line (since I had missed her Tues. night at The Grove), $50 was the cheapest list price, which I decided I didn't want to pay. You can imagine my surprise when I woke up at 4:30am Fri. morning (I forgot to change my alarm) to find the following message on my phone:

"Congrats! You won a pair of tickets to tonight's show at Club Nokia! Your name will be in will call. :)"

I was soo So excited that I couldn't go back to sleep. Anyways, Erykah was FANTASTIC. She seriously put on such a great show. I was sooo happy to have gone. She preformed songs off this latest album, New Amerykah, Pt. 1: 4th World War, Worldwide Underground, and her '97' album, Baduizm."..you better call up Tyrone.." She didn't don a fro this time (but someone in the balcony made sure to); instead, short, strait hair under a silver, alien/swim cap. Awesome. She did everything from beat boxing to intrepretative dance. I got some great shots at the end of the show/encore when I was 4' away from her in the pit. It was epic! Anyways, I'd just like to thank KUCI once again for the tickets (and VIP, I can't ever argue with VIP!). Thanks! Also, ExperienceLA did a great job covering the show via their blog.

1 comment:

Maleina said...

sweet. And now I know for sure people actually do win those things :)