Friday, September 25, 2009

"Thump, thump, thump. A pause while she ran a string through. Thump, thump, thump. "

My sister entered an essay contest, where the prize is a small herd of goats. Sounds interesting doesn't it? Well, I'm posting,
  1. b/c I want you to read her essay. It brought back lovely memories and I think she was well expressed;
  2. because I want you to vote for her (click here). They would REALLY love to add goats to their little family & how cool would that be?
In case this post isn't motivation enough to check out the site, here's a small excerpt:

"I come from a heritage of weavers. My grandmothers both wove and I am beginning to learn. I would love to say I’m learning from my grandmothers but they are both gone. My parents are at the tail end of large families, meaning that for me, time with my grandparents has already expired. I don’t want the tradition of weaving to expire as well."

1 comment: